Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
I’ve had a lot of questions recently about the Jenny Craig New York Sesame Bagel. Questions have come up about what to put on top of this yummy breakfast item. Today, I think I’ve answered this question in the most epic way.
I’ve transformed the Jenny Craig Sesame Bagel into an amazing BLT Breakfast Bagel. To. Die. For.
As I’m typing, it’s only been a few minutes since I finished eating this and WOW. I literally can’t wait to have it again.
A quick note on Jenny Craig Exchanges: 1 1/2 servings of lean protein (turkey bacon) were added to this dish and I paired it with 6 cherries as a 1/2 of a fruit serving. This combination (1 1/2 lean protein + 1/2 fruit serving) replaces one milk serving on your menu for the day per the Jenny Craig “Getting Started” Guide. As always, please check with your consultant before making any modifications to your program to assure that you’re following the plan properly.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: BLT Breakfast Bagel | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig New York Sesame Bagel
- 2 slices turkey bacon, extra lean
- ⅓ cup lettuce
- 1 small tomato thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- Cook your bacon per packaging instructions. Set aside to cool while you prepare the bagel. Note: For your turkey bacon to count as a lean protein option, you'll want to make sure that the brand you choose equates to about 45 calories, 7g protein, and less than 3g of fat per serving. In this example, you'll get to enjoy 1.5 servings using those quantities. Again, please see your Jenny Craig "Getting Started" Guide for more detail and speak with your Jenny Craig consultant to clarify any questions you might have.
- Defrost your bagel by placing it in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Place the bagel in the toaster, at your desired temperature. Remove to a plate once it's done.
- Season your tomatoes lightly with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Layer your lettuce, tomato, and bacon on the bagel. You can enjoy this as an open-faced sandwich or close it for a big mouth bagel sandwich feel. Enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.