I bought a HUGE watermelon a few weeks back, and it was perfect. And I have literally no idea how I picked such a perfect fruit. Meaning, I have no way to duplicate this genius melon-picking.
What I do know is that it was luscious and pink, with very few seeds and it yielded 20 cups of chopped watermelon. I used about 1/2 of it to make my favorite watermelon gazpacho. I chopped a few cups to snack on throughout the week. I used the rest to make this recipe.
Perfect for a hot day. Perfect on a plate with some grilled chicken. I loved this salad so much. It’s officially in the rotation and should be in yours as well.
Asian Watermelon Cucumber Salad | No Thanks to Cake
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, cut into cubes
- 2 cups English cucumber, quartered
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. mint, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Lite Asian Salad Dressing
- 1 tsp. sugar (or equivalent sugar substitute)
- ¼ tsp. sambal oelek
- Combine watermelon, cucumbers, cilantro and mint in large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients into a dressing
- Add dressing to the salad just before serving. Toss to coat veggies and fruit.