Sound the alarms! I have a new salad in my life. It’s become my warm-weather obsession, and it’s the EASIEST salad EVER to throw together.
When I was young, we always at lots of cucumber and tomato salad (which I love), but I never tasted this salad until I moved down south. I mean, let’s be honest… any salad with cucumber is my jam!
It took WAY too long for me to try this at home, but I do believe I’ve perfected the recipe for a simple vinegary cucumber, onion, and dill salad. Voila!
This salad is perfect to make ahead and is even easier to prepare if you have a mandolin slicer handy. (I use this one!) Just a few ingredients, you toss it in a bowl, refrigerate, and that’s it!
Super Simple Cucumber Salad | No Thanks to Cake
- 2 English cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 packets Truvia (no sugar sweetener)
- 1 tsp kosher salt plus more to taste
- Thinly slice your cucumbers with a mandolin slicer, and place in a large bowl.
- Slice your onion and chop your dill, and combine it in the bowl with the cucumbers.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and whisk until well blended. Pour over veggie mixture, and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate overnight, and then serve and enjoy! Note: I added a few shakes of table salt upon tasting it, but totally your call! You can always add more, but you can't take it away.