When the world shut down back in March for the pandemic, I bought random things at the grocery store. I was looking for things that would last, and I bought some foods that were more indulgent than usual.
An example: I bought a single box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (which I still haven’t eaten) and a box of devil’s food cake mix. You know, just in case I needed cake.
As things have stabilized with Coronavirus (or moreso now that we know the food supply is stable for the most part), I’ve been trying to eat through the stash that I accumulated a few weeks back. Not the blue box of macaroni and cheese, but I did break into the cake mix.
Years ago, I shared a few recipes for a 3-2-1 cake. There was a classic mug cake, a sugar free mug cake, and a pumpkin mug cake. All stemmed from the same basic ingredient base: A combination of a cake mix (any flavor) and an angel food cake mix.
I recently whipped up another batch of 3-2-1 cake mix using a devil’s food mix and angel food cake, and I’ve been indulging in a mug cake when my sweet tooth shows up. Click here for the recipe on how to make the mug cake. It’s the easiest and such a lightened up alternative to real-deal cake.
Considering that you can make cookies with cake mix, I decided to experiment a little bit with this easy mix to see if I could make a cookie. You guys, it’s so so easy. And, best news: You can make JUST ONE!
The texture of this cookie comes out chewy around the edges and soft in the center. Much like a brownie. My current batch of cake mix makes chewy chocolate cookies, but I have to believe that you could sub any flavor cake mix that you prefer. Can you can imagine it with funfetti??? I just did.
Single Serving 3-2-1 Cake Mix Cookies | No Thanks to Cake
3-2-1 Cake Mix Ingredients
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 3 Tbsp. 3-2-1 cake mix
- 1/2 Tbsp. water
- cooking spray
To Make the 3-2-1 Cake Mix
- Combine the two cake mixes in a large container. Stir and/or shake until both mixes are thoroughly combined.
To Make the Cookie
- In a small bowl, combine 3 Tbsp. of the 3-2-1 cake mix with 1/2 Tbsp. water.
- Oven Instructions (Recommended): Preheat oven to 370 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and place your cookie batter on the cookie sheet. Swirl batter into a cookie shape. Bake for 11 minutes until cookie is chewy on the inside with crisp edges. Remove from oven and allow to cool before eating.
- Airfryer Instructions: Spray a small baking sheet with cooking spray and place your cookie batter on it. Swirl batter into a cookie shape. Bake for 7 minutes at 370 degrees until cookie is chewy on the inside with crisp edges. Remove from airfryer and allow to cool before eating.