Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
Since I’ve been quarantined, I’ve had a whole lot more time to play with my Jenny Craig food as you’ve probably noticed. Three meals a day at home = three opportunities to get creative.
If we’re honest, I’m not much of a morning person. So maybe coffee creativity, but my breakfast habits are pretty standard at this point and lack creativity.
What’s extra fun is that I’ve been hearing from some of you, sharing your ideas for menu items. Your ideas have been INCREDIBLE, like this one I received last week from Jenny Craig consultant Candace.
I hadn’t made soup in a while, and this one hit the spot. There’s something about a big bowl of soup that fills me up just right.
I kept it pretty simple with the veggies, but realistically, you could load it up with whichever veggies you have on hand. Example, I used the arugula because I needed to finish it up, and next time I’d love to add some fresh cilantro (but I didn’t have that in the house this week.) The base of the soup and the flavors of the broth stay consistent and will support wherever you want to go creatively.
Enjoy and thanks again to Candace for the inspiration here! xo
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Simple Carnitas Soup | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig Slow Roasted Carnitas & Peppers
- 2 Tbsp. sweet onion, diced
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- cooking spray
- 2 cups chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 1/2 cup salsa verde, no-sugar added
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 handful baby spinach (optional)
- For Garnish (optional): sliced scallions, sliced jalapenos, baby arugula, chopped cilantro
- In a medium saucepan prepared with cooking spray, saute onion, tomato, and garlic at medium heat stirring often (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add broth, salsa, and cumin. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Add spinach (if desired).
- Meanwhile, cook your carnitas per package instructions.
- Remove carnitas from the microwave and with a spatula, scrape the contents into the saucepan, stirring to combine flavors. Boil for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Move soup to a large bowl, and garnish as desired.
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.