Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
Confession: I don’t really enjoy oatmeal.
There’s something about the texture, and the idea of eating a warm mushy cereal that just makes me reach for other options. Oatmeal has a huge following because it’s super filling and can be really healthy but I’m super limited on the oatmeal I’ll eat. I limit it to Overnight Oats (like this awesome recipe), granola bars, and yes, oatmeal cookies. Sans raisins of course, because I’m not a terrorist.
One of the lovely Jenny Craig ladies on Instagram pointed me in the direction of this idea for Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies. Considering I had a ripe banana on my counter and a container of Jenny Craig oats in the cupboard, I decided to give it a shot.
Seriously, this twist on oatmeal is so fun. The cookies become so chewy and moist due to the banana, and the fact that you also get to eat four cookies for breakfast is the best!
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- ½ banana
- ⅛ tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 sprays zero calorie butter spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash banana in a bowl, and add all remaining ingredients. Combine into a well-mixed dough.
- Create four 1-inch balls out of the mixture, and place on a baking sheet. Smash slightly into Line with parchment paper to avoid cookies sticking to your baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.