Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
The hottest (cold) drink of quarantine has certainly been DALGONA COFFEE.
I made my first batch last week and was super surprised at how good it was! I’d heard reviews that it was too strong or too sweet, but that certainly wasn’t my experience. I found it to be PERFECT, and frankly, more fun to make than my morning espresso.
Naturally, this recipe has a Jenny Craig twist to it, one that makes it much more satisfying.
I’ve made this coffee a few times and it’s equally delicious with instant coffee as it is with instant espresso. With espresso, it has a smoother, milder flavor. Instant coffee has more of a coffee punch. Try it either way or use whatever your grocery store has in stock!
PROTIP: If you use an electric mixer with this, it can splash quite a bit. For an easier cleanup, I recommend using a taller bowl so that the splashing is contained.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Protein-Packed Dalgona Whipped Coffee | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Tbsp. instant espresso or instant coffee
- 1 Tbsp. boiling water
- 1 tsp. no-calorie sugar substitute (I used Truvia)
- 1 Jenny Craig Vanilla Cream Shake (prepared)
- Combine the instant espresso/coffee, sugar substitute, and boiling water in a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat the ingredients until fluffy and whipped in appearance, about 2-3 minutes. Note: You can also use a whisk to hand-whip this coffee, but be prepared to work those forearms!
- In a tall glass, add your protein shake (leaving about 2" room for your whipped coffee). Add a few cubes of ice to the glass. Note: If using the Jenny Craig Vanilla cream shake mix, you'll want to prepare the shake before adding it to the glass.
- Top your shake with the coffee. With a straw, gently stir to combine.
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.