Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
Happy 4th of July week! I wanted to share a recipe this week that might be fun for the holiday, and this one is perfect to enjoy while celebrating our country’s birthday.
Barbecue chicken is one of my favorite dishes on the grill. There’s something AWESOME about how it cooks and caramelizes, and that sweet and spicy sauce.
For this recipe, I used a sugar-free BBQ sauce that’s only 10 calories per 2 Tbsp. serving and contains no sugar. Click here for the brand I used that I found at my local Sprouts store. As always, speak with your consultant if you have any questions about recipe additions.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Backyard BBQ Chicken Salad | No Thanks to Cake
- Cook your chicken sandwich per packaging instructions and set aside.
- Build the base of your salad in a large bowl adding romaine lettuce. Toss with your Jenny Craig Creamy Herb Dressing and some freshly cracked black pepper.
- Add cucumbers, grilled onions, and tomatoes to the top of your salad. As always, feel free to add extra fresh vegetables that you have in your refrigerator.
- Chop your chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. I like to cut my chicken into thin slices on a bias. Place your chicken in a small zip-top bag, and add your barbecue sauce. Seal the bag, and shake it until your chicken is nicely coated. Add to your salad.
- Toast the sandwich bun in the toaster until golden brown. Using a serrated knife, slice the bun into crouton-shaped squares. Add to your salad.
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.