Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
I’ve been craving Asian flavors lately. I love spicy, salty, ginger-drenched dishes. With a package of haricot verts in my refrigerator that was about to go bad, I came up with this idea for a twist on my Jenny Craig Turkey Burger lunch.
Inspired by another NTTC recipe that I posted a few years back, this simple recipe comes together in moments and it’s extremely filling! I love the addition of extra veggies to a meal to bulk it up (and make it more colorful!)
Asian Turkey and Green Bean Stirfry
4 scallions, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
1 Jenny Craig Turkey Burger
1 tsp. chili garlic paste (sambal oelek)
1 tsp. hoisin sauce
1 tsp. crushed ginger
8 oz. washed and trimmed green beans (or Chinese long beans, if available)
1 tsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tsp. seasoned rice wine vinegar
1. Prepare a skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium. Add scallions and garlic; saute for about 2 minutes.
2. Cook your turkey burger on a microwave plate for 60 seconds, setting aside the bun. Note: I highly recommend leveraging the bun for croutons, toasting them in the oven for a few minutes. Yum! You won’t need the bun for this recipe.
3. Dice your turkey burger, or place it in the food processor to finely chop.
4. Add the turkey to your skillet, and toss to combine. Add the ginger, hoisin sauce, and spicy garlic paste. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Add your green beans and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. After 4 minutes, add soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Stir to combine.
6. Serve and enjoy! Garnish with black sesame seeds, if desired.
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.