We are so close to Thanksgiving I can almost taste it (and I bet you can too!)
As in years past, I’ll be cozying up to a pretty plate of turkey with all the trimmings at the home of a dear friend. Her husband does all the cooking and always serves up a feast! He usually has all the key sides taken care of, so I’ll be bringing the dessert. Hint: It’s an amazing frozen dessert that I saw on Food Network! I’ll share the full recipe in upcoming weeks. It screams fall, and I can’t wait to whip it up!
I know that I’ll be eating a little outside of my plan on Thursday, and I’m ok with that. I’ll follow my strategy of filling half of my plate with veggies and salad, and then I’ll add lean protein and starches to the remainder of the plate. I’ll have one glass of wine, and all will be good in the world!
The next day: That’s the day. That’s the day to get back on track. While everyone else is eating stuffing sandwiches and potato pancakes (wait, is that just my family??), I’ll be eating sensible dishes like this one, putting me right back on program.
Turkey and Wild Rice Vegetable Soup
1 package Jenny Craig Turkey and Wild Rice
2 Tbsp. onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 carrot, sliced
1 cup fresh spinach, tightly packed
1 cup fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook the Jenny Craig meal for 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
2. Meanwhile, spray a sauce pan with cooking spray. Add carrots, onions, and garlic. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir frequently.
3. Add spinach and saute until wilted, about 2 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and stir to combine.
5. Add Jenny Craig meal, and once again, stir to combine.
6. Add chicken broth and thyme. Bring to a boil, and cover to simmer for 10 minutes on medium low heat.
7. Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy!
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.