The 2-Ingredient Dough Obsession Continues….
One of the first attempts I made with this dough was Everything Bagels. I had purchased some of the Thomas Everything Bagel Thins, but they’re a lot of calories for not much mileage.
The thought of making homemade bagels out of the 2-ingredient dough seemed like a great way to get more bang for my buck… while enjoying one of my favorite breakfasts. As you likely know (or have guessed,) I’m not a fan of eggs so I’m a little limited on standard breakfast foods as a result.
These bagels are crispy, filling, and so much more satisfying than the ones you’ll buy in the store. There’s also a huge satisfaction tied to knowing that you made these and they’re as easy to make as you’ll realize. Also, I made them in an air fryer. Sharing a link to the one I’m using! (airfryer affiliate link)
Shout out to the beautiful California kitchen where I made these bagels btw. One day, I’ll have this much natural light in my home.
Two Ingredient Dough Everything Bagels
1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1 cup self-rising flour
Everything Bagel Seasoning
1 egg, beaten
pinch of salt
1. Combine your flour and yogurt in a medium bowl until well combined. I use a spatula to do this so that I can scrape the edges.
2. Knead dough in the bowl, topping with a little extra flour as needed should the dough stick to your hands. Knead the dough until it forms a tight dough (about 20 times)
3. Separate your dough ball into 4 equal parts and roll into 4 balls.
4. Using your thumb, poke a hole in center, creating a bagel shape.
5. Brush the dough with egg, and sprinkle with bagel seasoning.
6. If using an air fryer, place in the air fryer at 330 degrees for 11 minutes. If using an oven, place on a baking sheet preheated to 375, cooking for 25 minutes until golden brown.
7. Slice and top with Laughing Cow Cheese, I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter, or perhaps… avocado!
Per 1 bagel serving:
CAL 153; FAT 1g; SAT FAT 0g; CARB 25g; PROT 10g; SUG 2g; FIB 1g
WW Points+: 4; WW Smart Points: 3
Check out these other NTTC 2-Ingredient Dough Recipes