Last year (around this very time of year!), I visited my dear friend Laurel in Chicago. While we usually tear up the town when I’m in Chicago, Laurel was participating in her very first round of Whole30, so we decided to stay home and cook healthy foods for a change. We’re both busy in our kitchens on the regular, so it was super fun to spend some quality time with Laurel cooking up on-plan meals!
Not only did we devour some Asian meatballs with sweet potato noodles, but Laurel also introduced me to banana “nice” cream. Have you ever had this?
It is incredibly hard to believe that this soft-serve dessert is made mostly from bananas with just a few pantry staple ingredients.
Since I’ve been home, I’ve made “nice” cream regularly… each time, I’m amazed by its consistency, flavor, and how much it tastes like real-deal ice cream! Thanks, Laurel, for this introduction!!!
Chocolate Cinnamon "Nice" Cream | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 medium banana, frozen and sliced
- 3-4 Tbsp. milk (I used skim)
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- splash of vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Place your banana in a food processor with 2 Tbsp. milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Using a spatula, scrape the sides of the food processor to place the bananas back near the blades. Pulse again.
- Add 1 to 2 more Tbsp. of milk and continue to process until banana mixture forms into beautiful soft serve.
- Using a spatula, remove to a ice cream dish. Serve and enjoy!