Greetings from Georgia! You heard me, y’all!
I’m back in the South. This time, I’m attending my FAVORITE conference of the year: Fitbloggin. While I’m traveling today to the event, I can already tell you… by the time you read this, I’m already having a great time! So excited to share back with you all the fun that’s certain to be had… stay tuned!!
So, I’m known to be quite a baker in my office, and I’m happy to own that reputation! Example: I had one guy tell me his birthday was in August (and it was only January!) Needless to say… I bring sweet treats to the office from time to time for my sales teams to enjoy, and for me to enjoy a little sliver… After all, I can’t always say no, especially when I make a cake like this…
Being that I am in Paula Deen’s town… I figured you guys might allow me to share something a little bit more decadent for this Thursday, especially considering that I am about to burn a million calories with Fitbloggin workouts.
This is hands-down my favorite cake. It is made with a yellow cake mix… and moistened up with chocolate pudding. People will think it’s from scratch, or maybe loaded with butter. No need to confuse them with all the details, my dear… just smile and appreciate that they love your cake. 🙂
Amazing Chocolate Yellow Cake
1 Yellow Cake Mix
1 small pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 cup water
6 oz chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix cake mix, pudding mix, oil, and water in a mixing bowl.
3. Add eggs and beat until combined well.
4. Stir in chocolate chips with a spatula.
5. Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan.
6. Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before flipping out to a cake plate /cake stand.
7. Top with your favorite chocolate frosting. Note: I used this one for fudgy amazing frosting from the Pioneer Woman.
8. Slice and enjoy amongst family, friends, co-workers… anyone who can enjoy the best chocolate cakes of their lives!