Happy Valentine’s Day! While I don’t have a Valentine this year (stop me if you’ve heard this line before), I’m still celebrating the holiday!
Not only are my valentines in the mail to all my friends and family (sent from Loveland, Colorado) but I’m also making a bright pink festive dinner.
Trader Joe’s released a Beet and Roasted Garlic dip back in December, and I’m on my second container already! Low in calories and made with fresh simple ingredients, I love this dip for it’s bold beety taste and of course, that beautiful color. Just about the time I fall in love with a Trader Joe’s item…. they discontinue it. Let’s hope that this doesn’t happen!!!
Until then, I’ve got this AMAZING recipe for a BEETZA. Get it? Beetza! It pairs the amazingness of the Trader Joe’s Beet dip with hearty kale, and just a drizzle balsamic glaze. And, of course for the holiday, the heart shape seemed a perfect pairing for the bright pink beet “sauce.”
Beet and Kale Pizza (AKA Beetza) | No Thanks to Cake
- ½ cup self-rising flour
- ½ cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 cups baby kale leaves
- cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp. Trader Joe’s Beet and Roasted Garlic dip
- 2 oz. lite mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp. balsamic glaze
- Preheat your oven for 400 degrees.
- Prepare your dough by mixing your flour and yogurt in a medium bowl, using a bowl scraper to combine the ingredients well. Knead about 20 times until the dough takes shape.
- Move your dough to a lightly floured board. Using a rolling pin, roll your dough into a pizza shape. If you’re me, make your pizza into a heart shape during this process. Place your dough on a baking sheet, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Saute your kale greens in a pan lightly coated in cooking spray. Saute for about 5 minutes, or until kale softens.
- Spread 2 Tbsp. of dip on the base of the pizza dough.
- Add your kale on top of the pizza. Finish with mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes until pizza is done, and the cheese begins to brown.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Check out these other NTTC 2-Ingredient Dough Recipes
Laughing Cow Cheese Stuffed Bagel Bites