Happy Valentine’s Day! While I don’t have a Valentine this year (stop me if you’ve heard this line before), I’m still celebrating the holiday!
Not only are my valentines in the mail to all my friends and family (sent from Loveland, Colorado) but I’m also making a bright pink festive dinner.
Trader Joe’s released a Beet and Roasted Garlic dip back in December, and I’m on my second container already! Low in calories and made with fresh simple ingredients, I love this dip for it’s bold beety taste and of course, that beautiful color. Just about the time I fall in love with a Trader Joe’s item…. they discontinue it. Let’s hope that this doesn’t happen!!!
Until then, I’ve got this AMAZING recipe for a BEETZA. Get it? Beetza! It pairs the amazingness of the Trader Joe’s Beet dip with hearty kale, and just a drizzle balsamic glaze. And, of course for the holiday, the heart shape seemed a perfect pairing for the bright pink beet “sauce.”
Beet and Kale Pizza (AKA Beetza)
1/2 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt
2 cups baby kale leaves
2 Tbsp. Trader Joe’s Beet and Roasted Garlic dip
2 oz. lite mozzarella cheese
2 tsp. balsamic glaze
1. Preheat your oven for 400 degrees.
2. Prepare your dough by mixing your flour and yogurt in a medium bowl, using a bowl scraper to combine the ingredients well. Knead about 20 times until the dough takes shape.
3. Move your dough to a lightly floured board. Using a rolling pin, roll your dough into a pizza shape. If you’re me, make your pizza into a heart shape during this process. Place your dough on a baking sheet, sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Saute your kale greens in a pan lightly coated in cooking spray. Saute for about 5 minutes, or until kale softens.
7. Spread 2 Tbsp. of dip on the base of the pizza dough.
8. Add your kale on top of the pizza.
9. Top with mozzarella.
10. Bake for 20 minutes until pizza is done, and the cheese begins to brown.
11. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve!
Per entire recipe serving:
CAL 471; FAT 9g; SAT FAT 2g; CARBS 71g; PROT 36g; FIB 8g; SUG 11g
WW Points+: 13; WW Smart Points: 9
Check out these other NTTC 2-Ingredient Dough Recipes