It’s official. My crockpot has taken up permanent residency on my countertop. I put it away only to bring it right back out again! Can you relate?? It’s officially cool weather food season!
I love to cook using my slow cooker because it’s so darn easy to just throw all the ingredients in the cooker and let it do all the hard work (while I’m busy working!)
Did that make you as hungry as it did me? There is something special about sweet potatoes cooked in the crockpot. They come out so tender and delicious! Pairing the potatoes with spicy and flavorful pork and crunchy veggies on top… this recipe totally rocked my world, and you’re going to love it too!
Korean Pork Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
From Weight Watchers
1 lb. lean pork tenderloin
1/3 cup chopped scallions (from 3 to 4 scallions)
3 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup mirin
2 Tbsp. Asian garlic-chili paste
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
4 (6 oz) sweet potatoes
1 1/3 cups shredded red cabbage
1. Combine the chopped scallions, mirin, soy sauce, chili paste, sesame oil, and fresh ginger in a small bowl.
2. Place pork in a slow cooker and top with sauce mixture.
3. Place a sheet of parchment paper above the pork. Wrap the sweet potatoes in foil and position on the parchment paper. Cover and cook on low until the pork is fork tender and the sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 8 hours.
4. Remove potatoes and pork from the slow cooker. Shred the pork.
5. Cut a slit in each potato and stuff them with about 1/2 cup of pork. Top with 1/3 cup shredded cabbage, scallions, and jalapeños, if desired.
Per 1 stuffed sweet potato serving:
CAL 312; FAT 7.9g; SAT FAT 1.9g; CARBS 29g; PROT 26g; FIB 4g; SUG 13g
WW Points+: 7; WW Smart Points: 9