There are times when I miss chicken fingers. Even (dare I say it) McNuggets.
I used to eat quite a few of McNuggets back in the day, with a side of apples. It was a quick option for me to pick up while on the road. I know it’s the the healthiest of options… but it made due in those emergency situations where I’d find myself somewhere between Cheyenne and Casper, Wyoming and my only options were McDonald’s or Bob’s Diner.
This weekend, I made a version of chicken fingers that is FAR better than those that you get from McDonalds, and about a million times healthier as well. It still comes with honey mustard dipping sauce though…
This is actually a recipe I’ve made several times which is something I VERY rarely do. The sweet and tangy honey mustard flavor combined with the salty crunch of the pretzels keep me coming back from more (and I’m pretty sure the same will happen for your family.) Move over, McNugget!
Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken Tenders
From Dashing Dish
1 lb. chicken tenders
3 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. mustard
22 mini pretzels, finely crushed
1/8 tsp. salt, pepper, and garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Mix honey and mustard together in a small bowl.
3. Mix together pretzels and spices in a separate shallow bowl.
4. Coat each chicken tender one at a time first in the mustard mixture, then in pretzel mixture.
5. Lay chicken strips on baking sheet, sprayed with cooking spray.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, flip, then bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
7. Serve with honey or mustard (or a mix of the two) as a dipping sauce if desired!
Per 1/4 recipe serving (not including extra sauce):
CAL 193; CARB 19g; FAT 2g; SAT FAT 0g; PROT 28g; FIB 0g; SUG 12g
WW Points+: 5; WW Smart Points: 5