Confession: I’ve never eaten a Big Mac. Nope, never. And, I think I may go to the grave without ever trying one. My sister-in-law claims it to be a significant miss… and when they came out with the mini Big Macs, I almost did it.
Now though, I think I’ve found the way to enjoy all the flavors of the Big Mac… without all the calories. It looks a little something like this.
While this is my first cheeseburger salad, I am most certain that it will not be the last. The 1000 island dressing (similar to the “special sauce”) adds just the right amount of tang to the salad. The lettuce, tomato, and onion are reminiscent of the fresh toppings on everyone’s favorite burger. I don’t enjoy dill pickles on my burgers, but if you do… you could certainly add them to the salad for the full flavor!
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Cheeseburger Salad | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig Classic Cheeseburger
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 7 grape tomatoes, halved
- red onion slices
- 2 Tbsp. light Thousand Island dressing
- Separate the cheeseburger from the bun. Wrap the bun in a paper towel and cook it for 30 seconds. Place the cheeseburger on a small microwave safe plate, and cook for 1 minute, 40 seconds until done. Toast the bun in your toaster until crunchy.
- Meanwhile, add lettuce and red cabbage to a large bowl, tossing to combine. Top with onion and tomatoes. Note: Add dill pickle slices, if desired.
- Chop the burger and bun. Add to the top of the salad.
- Place salad dressing in a snack sized ziploc bag, and snip a corner. Drizzle dressing on the salad.
- Serve and enjoy!!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.