I’m wrapping up my third year of judging Jenny Craig’s Simple Inspirations recipe contest, and I’m thrilled to announce my 2017 winner!
Before I do, I have to tell you that there was SO MUCH creativity this year in entries and so many new ideas shared on how to make my favorite Jenny Craig dishes and combinations that I’d never thought of.
Between us friends: When I saw the winning recipe, I knew immediately that I wanted to make it. When I had a chance to taste it, I was completely won over. The addition of spinach, artichokes, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, onions, and cauliflower were enough to catch my attention, and enough to create the most filling game day meal I’ve ever enjoyed!
AND THE WINNER IS….
You guys, this recipe knocked my socks off and here’s why: The cauliflower coated in a hot sauce-roasted red pepper puree is GENIUS! The flavor is incredible, and who doesn’t love buffalo cauliflower. The inside of the potato scooped out and baked into little tater tots is such a treat. Lastly, that loaded spinach-artichoke potato skin is so filling and delicious. You guys are going to LOVE this recipe! Can’t wait to hear your feedback.
Special congratulations go out to Jessica H. for developing this amazing recipe, and I’m thrilled to have a chance to share it with you first here on No Thanks to Cake! The Game Day Trio will also be featured in the 2018 Simple Inspirations recipe book, due out after the first of the year. Congratulations, Jessica!
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Game Day Trio | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig Loaded Baked Potato
- ¼ cup chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 ¾ cup cauliflower florets
- ½ cup quartered artichoke hearts, canned (approximately 6 quarters)
- 3 Tbsp. diced white or yellow onion
- ½ tsp. spicy brown mustard
- ½ Tbsp. hot sauce
- ¼ roasted red bell pepper, canned or jarred, oil-free
- Non stick cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp. tomato, diced
- Fresh herbs to garnish (chives, parsley)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Microwave Jenny Craig Loaded Baked Potato for 1 minute, and separate the filling from the potato skin. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe dish, cover and microwave cauliflower florets for 4-6 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Saute onion in non stick cooking spray on medium heat for 4-5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add onion, spinach, 1/2 cup of the cauliflower, artichoke hearts, and mustard to a blender or food processor, blend until smooth.
- Scoop spinach-artichoke mixture into the potato skin and place in oven-safe dish, and bake covered for 25 minutes, then uncovered for another 10 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper and hot sauce to a blender or food processor, blend until smooth, and use to coat remaining cauliflower. Bake cauliflower on oven-safe tray lined with parchment paper for 10-12 minutes.
- Microwave the Jenny Craig Loaded Baked Potato filling in microwave-safe dish for 4 minutes and scoop into balls with melon baller or ice-cream scoop.
- Bake the potato bites at 425 degrees for approximately 15 minutes.
- Top spinach-artichoke potato with sliced tomatoes.
- Assemble all three items on a plate and enjoy!
As the NTTC winner of the Jenny Craig Simple Inspirations recipe contest, Jessica will be awarded the following from Jenny Craig: $1,000 check or gift card, and gourmet cooking/baking goodie bag to include pans, pots and other kitchen and baking utensils to be awarded as a gift card or actual items. (ARV: $2,000 total).
Jessica’s delicious recipe joins other superstar winning recipes from the contest. Click the links below to view the NTTC Simple Inspirations Recipe Contest winning recipes from years past: Faux Krab Cake with Cocktail Sauce + Jacqueline’s Restaurant Style Chicken Nachos.
Disclaimer: I received compensation for this post from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.