It’s been an exciting few months working with Jenny Craig. As a blogger, having an opportunity to work with one of your favorite brands is a little surreal… in the most wonderful way.
This fall, I’ve traveled to New York City to help Jenny Craig launch their new fall foods line, and I’ve been re-energized by the program as a result! I’ve found myself craving their new dishes, sticking to my meal plan, and coming up with all sorts of new volumizing dishes to share here on NTTC!
In New York City, we also kicked off the Jenny Craig Simple Inspirations Recipe contest! Accepting submissions from members around the country, Jenny Craig was looking for the most creative ways to enjoy Jenny Craig foods… and they even chose me to participate as a judge!
The recipe submissions from the contest were absolutely AMAZING. So many new and exciting ways to enjoy the foods, I loved so many of the submissions, making it incredibly difficult to choose a winner.
In the end, I chose this dish from Jenny Craig member Noelle in Ohio! She took the Jenny Craig Chicken Salad Kit and transformed it into an innovative “Krab” cake.
I love how Noelle added healthy Greek yogurt, tasty seasonings, and a tangy sauce to enhance the flavor of the dish. Because I always add at least a cup of extra veggies to my meal, I also loved that she served it over a bed of sautéed mushrooms and tomatoes. Genius!
As the NTTC winner of the Jenny Craig Simple Inspirations recipe contest, Noelle will win the following from Jenny Craig: a $2,000 gift card, one (1) month of free Jenny Craig food, a Jenny Craig branded prize pack, and her recipe will be included in a new Jenny recipe book coming soon!
Thank you for inspiring me and so many others with this amazing dish!
I couldn’t resist remaking this dish so that I could try it myself, so here is how it looked fresh from my kitchen.
I didn’t have any mushrooms on hand, so I served my “krab” cake atop of a bed of arugula with sliced tomatoes. It was delicious!
Faux “Krab” Cake with Cocktail Sauce
2 Tbsp. plain greek style yogurt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
Nonstick cooking spray
2 Tbsp. ketchup
1 tsp. horseradish
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1. Open the Jenny Craig Chicken Salad Kit. Take the crackers out of their package, and crush them until they become small crumbs.
2. Place cracker crumbs in a small bowl, add the yogurt and seasonings, mix well. Open the chicken salad and add to the cracker mixture. Cover and set in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Note: This was the first time I’d ever used Old Bay!
3. After 15 minutes, remove, uncover and form the mixture into a patty. Note: I used a piece of plastic wrap so my hands didn’t get messy.
4. Spray a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium. Add the patty, browning on each side for about 5-10 minutes.
5. To make the cocktail sauce, mix ketchup and horseradish until combined well.
6. Serve the “Faux Krab” cake over vegetables, and top with the chopped parsley and cocktail sauce. Note: I placed my krab cake over a bed of arugula and tomatoes. Yum!
Disclaimer: I received compensation for this post and my judging participation from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.