I think you’ve realized by now that I don’t always say “No Thanks to Cake”, but when I say yes… it’s for very good reason! I’ve grown to say yes only in those circumstances where it’s totally worth it.
And, you guys, this recipe is completely worth it. I made it for the first time during a cookout at my house and to celebrate my friend Ashleigh’s birthday. As though you hadn’t guessed already, this is DEFINITELY a splurge dessert.
It’s sweet, sticky, and really really delicious. The perfect treat. I am looking forward to the next birthday when I have a chance to make something similar. I may even make it for my nephew when he comes to Colorado in a few weeks. Make this for your loved ones… they’ll LOVE you (even more) for it!
Note: I also think that this would be super fun for the 4th of July… with holiday M&Ms.
White Chocolate Blondie Skillet
From Creme De La Crumb
6 Tbsp. butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
½ tsp. baking powder
⅛ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup white chocolate chips
optional: vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce or butterscotch sauce
1. Add butter to a medium sauce pan. Completely melt over medium heat, then continue to stir over medium heat 4-6 minutes longer until butter reaches a deep golden color.
2. Add brown sugar, vanilla, and egg to sauce pan and whisk until smooth.
3. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add ingredients from sauce pan and stir until combined.
4. Spread batter in a 9 inch cast iron skillet OR 2 6 inch cast iron skillets. (You can use other sizes, only fill them half-way full because the blondie will rise slightly and you don’t want it to spill over.)
5. Sprinkle white chocolate chips over blondie batter. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean. (You may need to increase baking time if you are using a large skillet)
6. Allow to cool slightly, then (optional) top with ice cream and caramel sauce (or butterscotch sauce) and serve. You may also serve the blondie at room temperature with or without ice cream.