I wasn’t planning to post a recipe today, but I also didn’t plan to bake cookies last night!
After such a SOLID eating week (it’s been AWESOME!), it’s not like I was craving something sweet… instead just VERY CURIOUS about Gina‘s latest healthy cookie recipe.
I was sitting with a co-worker today, and that new cookie recipe from Skinnytaste popped in my head. For like the THIRD time this week… It’s such a simple recipe. Just THREE ingredients. And, considering what those ingredients were, I knew that she wasn’t kidding when she said healthy.
I prefer greener bananas to the ones that are speckled yellow and brown. I typically end up freezing those brown guys for a later use. And, I knew I had to have some bananas in the freezer ready to be transformed into delicious baked goods.
Just like that, I knew I’d be baking last night… The result, a guilt-free healthy cookie. Don’t expect them to taste like banana bread, because they’re flourless afterall. However, expect to enjoy a fruity cookie that doesn’t have you running to the gym (unless you want to, of course!) Yum!
Healthy Banana Oat Cookies | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 banana, ripened and mashed
- ½ cup quick oats
- 2 Tbsp. chopped pecans or walnuts
- Combine banana and quick oats in a small bowl. Note: Quick oats are definitely recommended over standard oats.
- Add nuts and combine. Note: Gina recommended walnuts in the original recipe, but I used pecans only because that’s what I had on hand.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the dough and place on the cookie sheet, making 8 cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Note: Cookies become a little bit browner than I expected, but they’re PERFECT that way!
Perfect with a little glass of skim milk… and check out how chewy and banana-y they are??
Per 2 Cookie Serving:
CAL 93; FAT 3g; SAT FAT 0g; CARB 15g; FIB 2g; PROT 2g; SUG 5g;
WW Points Plus: 2; WW Smart Points: 3