When I was in California last week, my friend Crystal and I considered grilling some cauliflower, but never got around to it. I’ve been interested in the whole concept of cauliflower steaks for a long time. And, finally, after a million years… I’ve tried it.
You GUYS. This is so so good. As soon as I finished the first steak, I knew I wanted more… and I plan to eat my way through the head of cauliflower I sliced tonight.
Note: Go ahead and multiply this recipe. You’ll thank me later.
Buffalo Cauliflower Steaks
2 slices cauliflower, cut vertically to about 1/2″-3/4″ each
2 Tbsp. wing sauce – I used Buffalo Wild Wings Spicy Garlic
fresh herbs for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Peel off the leaves and trim the stem of your cauliflower. Slice your cauliflower into steaks. Pick two of the steaks on the inside of the bunch. Save the rest for later in the week.
3. Place the steaks on a cooking sheet, prepared with cooking spray. Add garlic salt and pepper to top of the steaks only. Cook for 15 minutes. Buffalo sauce is salty, so be careful not to overdue it.
4. After 15 minutes, flip your steaks to the other side, and brush with buffalo sauce. Add to top side only. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Garnish with minced fresh herbs (I used cilantro).