I eat a TON of veggies. My staples are cucumbers, tomatoes, broccoli, beets, and bell peppers (lots of bell peppers lately!!) While I love to cook with them, most days I also eat them raw. They’re a perfect snack in-between calls. Confession: I love them even more with dip.
I love ranch dip with low fat sour cream, italian dressing mix in low fat yogurt, salsas… there’s really not many dips I don’t enjoy. When I spotted this recipe for a tomatillo-avocado dip, I knew I’d fall in love with it. Yep, I was right.
Tomatillo-Avocado Dip | No Thanks to Cake
- 3 medium tomatillos (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove clove, crushed
- ¼ cup cilantro, loosely packed
- ½ Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- ½ ripe peeled avocado, halved
- ¼ cup reduced fat sour cream
- Discard husks and stems from tomatillos; coarsely chop tomatillos. Combine chopped tomatillos, water, jalapeño pepper, and garlic in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat; cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Place tomatillo mixture in a blender; add cilantro and remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth. Serve warm or chilled.