I’ve been talking a little bit this month about how important snacking is on my plan, and my friends over at Laughing Cow Cheese reached out to tell me that that are here to support my efforts!
I’m such a fan of their cheese and I’ve been so for a long time. Laughing Cow challenged me to join forces with them to help “reinvent snacking” as part of their “31 Days of Reinvention.” Of course, I signed up… as it’s never too late to (re)invent new delicious snacks.
Starting with this one…
We all know by now that I love beets… I can’t get enough of them! And, the idea of making a beet dip seemed perfect for this campaign. This dip is incredibly light, beety, and something I’m going to munching on as I continue my journey to lose weight in 2015.
Creamy Cheesy Beet Dip
1 large beet, roasted and peeled
3 wedges Laughing Cow Cheese – Garlic and Herb flavor
1/2 Tbsp. hazelnuts or walnuts, chopped
1/4 tsp. garlic, minced
2 chives, chopped
1. Slice your roasted beet. You can purchase them pre-roasted, or roast on your own. If you’ve never roasted them before, here’s my favorite way to roast beets.
2. Add beet, cheese, garlic, and hazelnuts to a small container and whip with an immersion blender.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste, and blend again.
4. Top with chopped chives, and serve. Note: Chopping chives is easiest with a pair of kitchen shears…
5. Serve with your favorite veggies. I used endive and mini cucumber cups. Note: To make the cucumber cups, cut thick slices of cucumbers and scoop out the seeds (leaving a base at the bottom, so it looks like a cup.) I scored the outside of the cucumber, using a fork and dragging it along the length of the cucumber.
6. Serve on a pretty platter… and enjoy!
Per 2 Tbsp. serving:
CAL 25; CARB 2g; FAT 1g; SAT FAT 0g; PROT 1g; FIB 1g; SUG 2g
WW Points Plus: 0; WW Smart Points: 1
Disclosure: The Laughing Cow provided me with product and compensation for this review; however, thoughts and opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the brand.