I’m such a fan of their cheese and I’ve been so for a long time. Laughing Cow challenged me to join forces with them to help “reinvent snacking” as part of their “31 Days of Reinvention.” Of course, I signed up… as it’s never too late to (re)invent new delicious snacks.
Starting with this one…
We all know by now that I love beets… I can’t get enough of them! And, the idea of making a beet dip seemed perfect for this campaign. This dip is incredibly light, beety, and something I’m going to munching on as I continue my journey to lose weight in 2015.
Creamy Cheesy Beet Dip
1 large beet, roasted and peeled
3 wedges Laughing Cow Cheese – Garlic and Herb flavor
1/2 Tbsp. hazelnuts or walnuts, chopped
1/4 tsp. garlic, minced
2 chives, chopped
1. Slice your roasted beet. You can purchase them pre-roasted, or roast on your own. If you’ve never roasted them before, here’s my favorite way to roast beets.
2. Add beet, cheese, garlic, and hazelnuts to a small container and whip with an immersion blender.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste, and blend again.
4. Top with chopped chives, and serve. Note: Chopping chives is easiest with a pair of kitchen shears…
5. Serve with your favorite veggies. I used endive and mini cucumber cups. Note: To make the cucumber cups, cut thick slices of cucumbers and scoop out the seeds (leaving a base at the bottom, so it looks like a cup.) I scored the outside of the cucumber, using a fork and dragging it along the length of the cucumber.
6. Serve on a pretty platter… and enjoy!
Per 2 Tbsp. serving:
CAL 25; CARB 2g; FAT 1g; SAT FAT 0g; PROT 1g; FIB 1g; SUG 2g
WW Points Plus: 0; WW Smart Points: 1
Disclosure: The Laughing Cow provided me with product and compensation for this review; however, thoughts and opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the brand.