Thank you all for your texts, comments, and messages about the Jenny Craig Simple Inspirations contest kicking off again this month. I’m so SO excited to see what the members come up with, and of course, to be a judge in this awesome program! In case you missed it, you can read all about the contest here.
In light of the contest kicking off again, I thought I’d share another one of my recipe ideas this week. In addition to the many bloggers I follow, I also follow two groups that are Jenny Craig Member Groups and they have the best idea for pumping up the Jenny Craig meals. One of the members threw around the idea of turning the Baja Chicken Quesadilla into a Gyro… and I couldn’t resist trying it. Thanks, Joyce, for the inspiration!!!
What’s better than adding a load of veggies (some grilled, some fresh) and some fresh tzatziki to the quesadilla??? It was so tasty. That tortilla is on the thick side… somewhere between a pita and a tortilla, making it perfect gyro-style.
Baja Chicken Gyro
1 package Jenny Craig Baja Chicken Quesadilla
1/4 red pepper, sliced
1/4 medium red onion, sliced
1/4 cup shredded lettuce
1 Tbsp. diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp. diced red onion
1 Tbsp. tzatziki sauce (recipe here)
1. Marinade your red onion and red pepper slices in two tablespoons of tzatziki for 4 hours.
2. Grill marinated veggies on a grill pan or traditional grill until lightly charred.
3. Meanwhile, cook your quesadilla in the microwave per package instructions. Remove it from the microwave when done and open up the quesadilla until the tortilla is flat.
4. Add your grilled veggies.
5. Add your tzatziki.
6. Prepare your toppings, and add them to your gyro.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.