You guys. When you’re looking at magazines, do you save the recipes? I do. Usually when I find one that I’m interested in trying, I’ll search it on the web and then pin it to my Pinterest page for later. Every once in a while, I can’t find the recipe and I have to just pin a picture of the recipe. That’s what happened with this one.
Seriously… I had to save it. I mean, how often do I find a recipe for spiralized beet salad???
This dish. My goodness! I made a batch last night and I have two servings since! It is such a bright, beautiful salad… and I mean that in both taste and appearance! It was my very first time slicing asparagus, and I definitely need some practice on that. I’ll be making it again, because practice makes perfect!
Spiralized Beet and Sweet Potato Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
From Self Magazine
1 large beet
1 large sweet potato
2 stalks asparagus
4 tsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 large pinches black pepper
2 large pinches nutmeg
2 large pinches chili powder
2 Tbsp. slivered almonds
1 Tbsp. basil ribbons
1. Peel and spiralize your beet and sweet potato, adding it to a large bowl.
2. Cook in a large skillet, prepared with cooking spray until your “noodles” become soft, about 8 minutes. Return to the bowl and add asparagus cut thinly with a vegetable peeler or mandolin.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, pepper, salt, chili pepper, and nutmeg.
4. Add dressing to the veggie mixture and use tongs to toss.
5. Sprinkle with almonds and basil ribbons.
6. Serve and ENJOY.