After the race on Saturday, I came home and wanted to cook. Having been an insane week, I haven’t had any time to cook… and it was wearing on me! I’ve been dining a lot on Jenny Craig food (straight from the freezer!) and even had one delivery order of Jimmy Johns.
By Saturday, I wanted to cook something… ANYTHING. And, the hardest part was picking! And, then I remembered this dish I had saved on my Pinterest page. Spicy, saucy chicken over pretty salad greens? Yes please!
This was one of those dishes that tasted indulgent. Like I’d just eaten something that would require hours at the gym to work off… but here’s the catch, it’s totally on the lighter side!! And, that bed of greens, so tasty! I’ll be making this dish again… maybe for my niece when she visits this weekend!!
Bang Bang Chicken Salad
For the Chicken
1/2 tsp. olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp. Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1/2 Tbsp. panko
4 oz. skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
kosher salt and pepper to taste
2 cups butter lettuce
1 cup shredded red cabbage
2 plum tomatoes, sliced (optional)
For the Skinny Bang Bang Sauce:
1 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
1/2 Tbsp. Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
1/3 tsp. Sriracha (or to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
2. Put the olive oil on a plate and the breadcrumbs and panko in a ziplock bag.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then place it on the plate with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken.
4. Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture. Shake to coat, and then place on the baking sheet.
5. Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray, and then bake 8 – 10 minutes. Turn over then cook another 4 – 5 minutes or until cooked though.
6. Meanwhile, build your salad using the lettuce, red cabbage, and tomatoes.
7. Top your salad with chicken.
8. In a small bowl, mix your sauce ingredients. Whisk until combined.
9. Add to a ziplock bag. Cut the corner and pipe the dressing over the chicken.
Per entire recipe serving (sauce not included):
CAL 245; CARB 13g; FAT 8g; PROT 29g; FIB 2g; WW Points Plus: 6