When I buy unique ingredients during a shopping week, I try to make sure I have more than one recipe for the ingredient so that it doesn’t go to waste. And, sometimes, I buy some strange things, which can make it a challenge!
When I had prosciutto in my shopping cart this week, I committed to using it up. To do so, I came up with this idea.
I’ve stuffed chicken, I’ve breaded chicken, but I’ve never wrapped chicken with anything. So, here you go… I liked the way the prosciutto added a smoky flavor to the meat, but not in an overwhelming way. While it’s a simple combination, it’s definitely one that I’ll make again.
Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 4-oz. chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your chicken by seasoning it with salt and pepper on both sides and brushing the breast with mustard on both sides.
- Wrap the breast in the prosciutto. Place in a cooking dish, sprayed with cooking spray, fold side down.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until chicken is done. Serve with veggies and enjoy!