When I buy unique ingredients during a shopping week, I try to make sure I have more than one recipe for the ingredient so that it doesn’t go to waste. And, sometimes, I buy some strange things, which can make it a challenge!
When I had prosciutto in my shopping cart this week, I committed to using it up. To do so, I came up with this idea.
I’ve stuffed chicken, I’ve breaded chicken, but I’ve never wrapped chicken with anything. So, here you go… I liked the way the prosciutto added a smoky flavor to the meat, but not in an overwhelming way. While it’s a simple combination, it’s definitely one that I’ll make again.
Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken | No Thanks to Cake
I've stuffed chicken, I've breaded chicken, but I've never wrapped chicken with anything. This recipe is one of the simplest on my site, yet full of flavor. Give it a try!
- 1 4-oz. chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your chicken by seasoning it with salt and pepper on both sides and brushing the breast with mustard on both sides.
- Wrap the breast in the prosciutto. Place in a cooking dish, sprayed with cooking spray, fold side down.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until chicken is done. Serve with veggies and enjoy!