In addition to kicking off Selfish September on Saturday, I’m also kicking off a month of healthy eating… getting back on the wagon. Eating right. Counting calories. Losing weight. Working out.
And on Monday night, I ate the most ridiculous dish to get this party started. You know the dish, one that you are SO AMAZED is considered healthy because it’s so incredibly flavorful.
It’s a little spicy, a little sweet in just the most amazing way. If you like coconut, you’re going to die over this…
Coconut Curry Chicken
From Weight Watchers
3/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut
2 tsp. curry powder
1/4 apricot spreadable fruit, melted
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place coconut in shallow dish. Sprinkle with curry powder, tossing to coat. Note: I used 1/2 sweet curry powder and 1/2 hot curry powder because I wanted a little heat. Choose as you please!
3. Combine spreadable fruit and red pepper. Brush evenly over chicken.
4. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Dredge in coconut mixture.
5. Place chicken breast halves, 2 inches apart, in a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until done.
7. Serve with your favorite veggies.
Per 1 chicken breast serving:
CAL 310; CARB 19g; FAT 9g; PROT 37g; FIB 2g; WW Points Plus: 8