Even though I’m back on the Jenny Craig program, you’re still going to see some great recipes listed from me. And, here are a few of the reasons why:
1. I cooked up a storm over the past month. I’ve got a MAJOR backlog of yummy recipes to share with you!
2. Even on the Jenny Craig program, I like to spice things up! I love to volumize my Jenny meals, and I’m always down for an amazing veggie dish.
So, expect the recipes to keep rolling in! Starting with this bad boy…
About a month ago, my friend Erin brought something VERY similar to work for a potluck, and when I tried them… my mouth got VERY happy! Who would have thought a mixture of oats, nut butter, and some secret ingredients would be so delish??
What I loved most about them is that they were just a bite. A very tasty and very satisfying bite. I need more of those types of bites in my life, the ones that don’t have me eating the whole bowl… instead just enjoying a bite.
So, inspired, I rushed off to Pinterest to see what I could find, and the following was the result. I substituted sugar-free maple syrup for the honey the recipe originally called for and made use of my beloved PB2 instead of peanut butter. They came out PERFECTLY!!
No Bake Energy Bites
Adapted from Gimme Some Oven
Makes 16 balls
1/2 cup (dry) old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup PB2 powder + 2 Tbsp. water
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
2.5 Tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup
1/2 Tbsp. chia seeds
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
2. Add the chocolate chips. The recipe says they’re optional, but they’re really not…
3. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
4. Once chilled, use a cookie scoop to create even-sized bites. Roll into balls. Note: I used my trusty 2 tsp. scoop.
5. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Per ball (1/16 of the recipe):
CAL 53; CARB 7g; FAT 3g; SAT FAT 1g; PROT 2g; FIB 1g; SUG 3g
WW Points Plus: 2; WW Smart Points: 2
[…] Related posts:Bacon Cauliflower-Lettuce SaladHeirloom Tomato-Kale Lavash PizzaNo-Bake Energy Bites […]