Asking for Help and Recommitting to Jenny

Last Monday, I was driving home and talking to my sister-in-law Beth on the way home.  And something hit me… it was time to take action.

While I had been thinking about it for a while, I’d hesitated.  I’d told myself that there might be another way.  I told myself that I could just do it on my own… but in the back of my head I knew what I really needed to do.

Instead of driving all the way home, I took a turn in the opposite direction… in the RIGHT direction, if you will.

I drove myself to my local Jenny Craig Centre.

Beth and I talked about it, and she really encouraged me to do it.  I hung up the phone with her, and called Jenny to see if my favorite centre direct had time available to see me.  Of course, she made the time and ten minutes later, I was at Jenny Craig waiting for the first “official” consultation that I’d had in about a year.

I’d felt overwhelmed for the past few weeks, and I needed a plan.

It had been a long time since I had sat in that very seat, in this position.  Used to sitting in the waiting room very proud of what I’d lost, I hadn’t experienced that “I need help” feeling in a long time… and, it brought me to tears.

I don’t think the tears were sad tears, instead tears of relief.  I’d finally asked for help.  I’m finally leaning on the support system I’d used in the past, and I felt confident that I could get a handle on what had been going on.

After an amazing pep talk with Maria, I walked away with a week’s worth of food, a plan, and piece of mind that I would lose that weight I’ve been haunted by for the past six months.

Jenny Craig Foods | No Thanks to Cake

I shared with you guys that I’d gained back about 15 pounds in the second half of 2103.  Since then, I’ve been trying to eat better… and workout more… but in reality, I haven’t been consistent.

For me, the best way for me to lose weight is to actively participate in a program.  I’m not one of those girls that can eat on program one day, and off program the next… my body likes consistency and with consistency, I find peace.

Jumping back on program with the Jenny Craig program has been amazing!  I was able to slide right back into my comfortable place on this program, dining on some of my favorite Jenny meals.

If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know that I’m eating well.. and dining on quite a few beautiful meals!

Jenny Craig Food | No Thanks to Cake

I’ve been leaning on my volumizing strategies, following a food plan daily, and I feel amazing!  I’ll be weighing in for the first time with Maria later today.  I’ve scheduled to visit with her on Mondays after work.  Looking forward to seeing that scale start to move!!!

Sometimes we just have to pause.  Sometimes we need to re-assess.  And, sometimes we need to go back to what we know works.  I’m back.

Divider

Over the years, I’ve come up with quite the collection of Jenny Craig Volumizing Recipes.  Click the image below to see the full list of creations and to try some new favorites!

Jenny Craig Volumizing Recipes | No Thanks to Cake

Comments

1. Shannon says:

Good for you!!! I lost all of my weight on the JC plan, but in doing so burnt myself out on their food. When I tried to go back about a year and half later to get rid of the 8ish LB’s that had crept back on, I just could hardly bring myself to eat the food more than a couple weeks. Not saying it isn’t good, it is!! I just ate it for to long (about a year). I think food burn out and I was jealous of what my family was eating, I had to find a new plan!

2. Corrie Anne says:

Good for you going in and getting a plan!! Get it!!! :) I always think the volumizing recipes look amazing!!!

3. DebO says:

Good for you! No reason not to ask for help – whatever it takes!

4. Good for you! I went through a similar moment last week and I purchased T25… I needed to get on a program and stop leaving things to chance. Best of luck to you! I know you can do it!

5. Becky says:

Awesome!!! You did so well with Jenny before! Cheering you on all the way, Kelly. You are so inspiring! Keep those volumizing tips coming! :)

6. I know it’s a scary, scary thing but I’m so proud of you for accepting what works best for you! I’m the same way with WW. I want so badly to not need the structure and program, but I do best with WW!

7. Tiffany says:

I’m in exactly the same position. I don’t want to admit that I can’t do it all on my own, but I think the truth is that I do need help…hopefully, I can find the courage to do the same!

You can do it, girl! Best thing I’ve done in a while!

• Tiffany says:

Thanks to you, I went in today to my Jenny center and picked up some food. Thanks for giving me the courage to do it! Honestly, I thought I’d be sad and embarrassed, but actually, I feel better than I have in almost a year.

8. Without sounding condescending, I’m really proud of you for recognizing that you needed help and getting what you needed! I know this is what is going to put you in the mindset that you want and I look forward to following along.

If I can be of any assistance, let me know. Your friendly RD is always on hand.

xo

Never condescending, but always supportive. I appreciate it!! I’m proud of me too! It’s going really well! :)

9. Congrats Kel!! :)

10. Sarah says:

congratulations for going back. asking for help is the hardest part and hopefully you can move forwards and lose the weight you gained :) good luck.

11. Brooke says:

Asking for help is ALWAYS one of the hardest steps. So congrats to you for doing that!

Nothing but good things shall be coming your way!

12. Carmen says:

My goodness! I just came to my senses this past Tuesday after losing my mind for the past four months. I’ve already lost over 100 lbs and for some reason got it in my head that, hey, I can go the rest by myself. Wrong!! I told myself I was not going to screw up when I only have 40 something lbs to go to goal. Before I got silly I only had 32 lbs to go. Now I have 43. You know what? Could have been worse. I’m proud of myself for what I’ve accomplished so far and that I had the common sense to turn it around! I’m on day two of cleaning it up and I feel great! I’m so happy I made the decision to come back to where I know I’ll find success. I’m glad you did, too!

Trackbacks

1. […] though I’m back on the Jenny Craig program, you’re still going to see some great recipes listed from me.  And, here are a few of the […]

2. […] folks:  The Rio, Pappadeaux, and Jason’s Deli.)  Now, the foodie in me gets excited, but that girl who just re-committed to weight loss freaks out a […]

AWP-DO