When I was in Florida, Beth and I ordered an appetizer that I LOVED at the Golden Lion along the beach: Grilled Asparagus with Dijon Dipping Sauce. It was SUCH a tasty treat and, frankly, an awesome guilt-free appetizer. We actually ordered it twice!
Ever since I ate it, I’ve been wanting to recreate it here at home. I mean, what a great way to get your veggies in… and I had the perfect idea for what sauce I wanted to pair it with.
This easy to make curry dip is big on flavor, and the perfect sauce for grilled meats and veggies. I had it for the first time at my friends Deb and Matt’s house, and have been obsessed with it ever since! I HIGHLY recommend you trying it with steak and chicken. It would also be ridiculously delicious with the kabob recipe I shared last month.
In the meantime, try it with this yummy grilled asparagus and get ready to put it on everything in your house.
Grilled Asparagus with Curry Yogurt Sauce | No Thanks to Cake
- ½ cup plain lowfat yogurt (or Greek, if you prefer)
- 2 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. curry powder (sweet or hot, depending on preference)
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Asparagus spears, trimmed
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until time to serve.
- Trim your asparagus, and spray it lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the veggies on a grill pan (or outdoor grill!) until the spears are tender and lightly charred.
- Serve your asparagus with a side of curry dip. Enjoy!