When I see a new recipe and it’s in a Weight Watchers cookbook, I instantly think it’s perfect for me on any given day… but the truth is, even this girl needs to look at the calorie counts some times.
While many of you lovelies can afford a 13-point serving of Asian noodles and goodness, I didn’t really plan for that when I ate this on Sunday night. OOPS!
BUT… it was SOOOOO good, I forgive it for all of those extra calories. 🙂
NTTC Lesson of the Day: Check the stats before you make any recipe. Don’t swoon over the avocado and the noodles without first making sure you have it in your calorie budget! This recipe COULD be a 2 serving dish, by the way. One cup of the noodle dish + steamed broccoli is how I’ll be making it in the future. Oh, and I’ll be making it again!!!
Chicken and Noodle Stir-Fry with Avocado and Cilantro
From Weight Watchers Simply Solo Cookbook
2 oz. wide rice noodles
2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. canola oil
1 (4 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
2 tsp. minced peeled fresh ginger
1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
1 small yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1/3 avocado, peeled and diced
2 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
1. Measure 2 oz of rice noodles. Place noodles in a medium bowl. Cover with boiling water. Let stand until noodles soften, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together broth, soy sauce, lime juice, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
3. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, ginger, and garlic. Stirfry until chicken is lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
4. Add bell pepper and scallions. Stirfry until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
5. Add noodles. Stirfry 1 minute.
6. Stir broth mixture and add to skillet. Stirfry until mixture is bubbling and thickened about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
7. Add avocado and cilantro; toss to combine.
8. Move entire recipe to a bowl, and get ready to dig in!
Per Entire Recipe Serving (about 2 cups):
CAL 507; FAT 13g; CARB 71g; PROT: 28g; FIB 5g; WW Points Plus: 13