I’m a HUGE fan of truffle fries. I first tried them (and fell in love with them) in Chicago last year, and I’ve had them twice since then at Montelucia and again during my trip to DC recently.
While I truly believe that Truffle Fries are the ONLY fries I want to eat moving forward, I just can’t justify eating all that fried goodness on a regular basis.
Every time I eat them, I’m overwhelmed by how delicious that truffle flavor is. And, I’m usually guilt-ridden considering I’m eating something fried. Good thing, truffle fries aren’t on every menu. So… I had an incredibly clever idea about how to make these fries a little healthier, including a great suggestion from my friend Carla.
These fries are SO much healthier than what you’ll experience when you order them in a restaurant… yet still flavorful and deliciously trufflicious.
1 potato, red skinned or yukon
Pam cooking spray
1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Scrub and slice potato into fries.
2. Place potatoes on a cooking sheet sprayed with Pam. Spray potatoes with Pam as well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper before placing in the oven for 30 minutes. Stir fries halfway through.
3. Remove fries from the oven after 30 minutes. Fries should be browned and slightly crispy.
4. Remove fries to a bowl. Spray with truffle oil. Note: Here’s where it got AWESOME. I put the truffle oil in a spare Misto sprayer. If you haven’t tried these before, it’s a non-aerosal option for spraying oil onto foods. You add the oil to the bottle and then pump it to create pressure, allowing it to spray. You want to spray your fries with enough truffle oil that the parmesan will stick to it. Use your own discretion (about 7 seconds for me!)
5. Add 1 Tbsp. parmesan cheese to the truffle oil-coated fries. Stir well.
6. Remove your fries to a plate, and prepare to be amazed!
Per 1 Potato Serving:
CAL: 182; CARB 30g; FAT 5g; SAT FAT 2g; PROT 6g; FIB 4g; SUG 1g
WW Points+: 5 ; WW Smart Points: 6
*Note: Nutritional value will vary based upon potato size and amount of oil used.
I estimated 1 tsp. of truffle oil for calculation purposes, but likely used less through the Misto.
[…] had purchased a potato to make into Baked Parmesan-Truffle Fries, but suddenly, another idea came to mind. Afterall, I had leftover caramelized onions from making […]