Like anyone else who tries to get their veggies in, I eat a LOT of salad. I have a million dressings in my fridge (lite ranch, lite catalina, lite honey mustard, 5 different vinaigrettes, lite salsa ranch…) You name it, I’ve got it.
When you have this many dressings, what’s one more?
Also, this dressing seemed to me to be a knock off of one of my favorite mexi-ranch style dressings that I find at Cafe Rio. I was conservative with the jalapeno, and I recommend the same on your side. You can always add more, but you can’t take it out once it’s in there.
Creamy Cilantro-Tomatillo Dressing | No Thanks to Cake
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk, reduced fat
- ¼ cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds removed, leave them in if you want it spicy
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tomatillo, husks removed and chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 scallion
- ½ lime, juice only
- ½ tsp. dried parsley flakes
- ⅛ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Combine in a blender or food processor – – Enjoy!
[…] ALWAYS on a quest for a delicious new salad dressing, I found another delicious one on Skinny Taste. I am tomato-obsessed, so this one was a no-brainer. […]