Oh boy…. this might be my new favorite summer sammie.
Feel free to add any veggies you like to the sandwich. For my personal sammie, I only used peppers, tomatoes, and onions on the grill with the cukes/spinach and it tasted AWESOME! The peppers develop MAD flavor on the grill!
Another idea: The original recipe called for some fat free feta, which we also left out because we didn’t have it in the fridge. You may choose to add the feta for extra protein. I also think that a smear of Laughing Cow Cheese might be yummy. Play with it!
ONE FINAL TIP: Make extra veggies! They can hang out in your fridge and be added to any of your favorite Jenny foods or fresh salads. They’re delicious cold in salads or warmed up and added to your favorite dishes!
Grilled Vegetable Sandwich | No Thanks to Cake
For the Grill
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- grape tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 summer squash, sliced
- ¾ cup portabello mushrooms, sliced
- light vinaigrette or Jenny Craig Balsamic Dressing
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 French baguette
- Slice all of your grill veggies and place in a bowl. Toss with dressing – choose a quantity to your liking. Place in a grill basket.
- Cook the veggies until they are deliciously browned and slightly charred.
- Toast your baguette lightly, and slice it open to prepare your sandwich.
- Drizzle the bread with your light vinaigrette before adding a layer of spinach and cucumbers. Top with grilled veggies. Add salt and pepper.