So… it’s the night before weigh in. I’ve had a REALLY strong week. I’ve eaten right or as I saw it described on Jackie Warner’s Thintervention, I’ve “eaten clean.”
There should be nothing stopping me from hitting 10 lbs gone this week! It’s hard to believe it’s been a three full weeks already.
Here’s what I’ve learned this week:
- Even though Deb’s Yummy Rosemary Cornbread smells amazing and I can see it on her plate with butter, I still have the willpower to resist it.
- I’ve got this travel thing down. I can plan for it and make good choices.
- I kind of enjoy hot tea. Who knew??
- I feel lighter already…. not sure how, but I do. I like it, and I’m going to just go with it!
- I’ve missed knitting! I’m in the process of making things for my family for the holidays, and loving it. It’s a great way to keep my hands busy (not eating), and a nice creative outlet.
- I’m not terribly hungry on this diet, which means that I wasn’t eating because I was hungry. Not shocking, but clearly a confirmation of my hunch.
- My friends and family have been really supportive of this plan… The holidays will be my toughest time, but it all comes down to planning. My goal is to lose weight when I’m home that week!
A few concerning observations:
- I would still kick some ass for some Quizno’s... Notice I didn’t say a burger or something terrible. Just Quizno’s. I don’t know the calorie count on what I want to eat from there and how it compares to what I’m eating today (lots of Subway.) Maybe in a week’s time, I’ll let myself look it up.
- I remain determined to conquer my nemesis… Fruit. I just don’t care for it. And, having to eat 3 cups a day is so boring to me. I bought juice and a bunch of convenience fruit choices for this week, determined to make it work. We’ll see.
- I’m spending a lot of time at home. Traveling all the time, I usually want to get out and do things when I have time in Colorado. Lately, I find that I’d rather stay in than risk my diet. I don’t know if this is a good thing (dedication to a new program) or a bad thing (cultivating a lonely existence), but I’m going to keep an eye on it
That’s about it for tonight. I’ve posted my “BEFORE” pic in all it’s glory…. Looking forward to posting some progress pics really soon.
Hoping for 3 lbs tomorrow! Wish me luck!