Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
In honor of the Super Bowl this year, I decided to make a Philly to enjoy.
Knowing the Philadelphia Eagles were playing (and with no plans to watch the game), I let the City of Brotherly Love inspire this tasty dish. I used the Jenny Craig Turkey and Cheddar Baguette as the foundation, and topped it with some sauteed peppers and onions. I tend to buy the colored bell peppers because they’re a little sweeter, but any color you enjoy works well!
I also made a video to share related to this recipe. If you’re someone who enjoys a quick video, click below!
View this post on Instagram
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Turkey Philly Baguette
- 1 Jenny Craig Turkey and Cheddar Baguette
- ¼ medium onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ bell pepper, thinly sliced
- cooking spray
- Remove your baguette from the plastic and roll in a paper towel. Place in your microwave for 30-45 seconds, long enough that it defrosts and you can separate all the ingredients
- Move the turkey to a cutting board and slice into thin strips. Separate the cheese and bread and set aside.
- Prepare a skillet with cooking spray and add the peppers and onions. Cook at low to medium heat, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper. Once your veggies are lightly charred, move onto the next step.
- Add your turkey to the skillet and stir to combine with the peppers and onions. Also add the baguette to the pan, cut side down. Allow to sear for about 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove the bread from the skillet, and top your veggie-turkey mixture with cheese. Allow the cheese to melt (about 1-2 minutes).
- Carefully move the mixture to the baguette. Enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.