Now that I’m back on track with the program (and down 5.4 lbs!!), I’ve got so many great ideas for how to pump up the menu. While the Jenny Craig menu is delicious on its own, I think it’s so fun to add fresh and free ingredients to add flavor and a little something interesting to my menu.
This recipe did exactly just that… and frankly, I loved it. And, even though I know it’s true, it’s hard to believe this mason jar salad started its day as a chicken sandwich.
Not only did I transform the Jenny Craig Chicken Sandwich into this beautiful salad… but I also modified the Jenny Craig Balsamic Dressing into a tangy Asian vinaigrette.
The secret to building a perfect mason jar salad is to load the bottom of your jar with salad dressing and crunchy veggies that can handle soaking in the dressing without becoming soggy.
The mason jar itself serves as a container for the salad until you’re ready to eat it. When you dump the ingredients into a bowl, the dressing at the bottom of the jar pours beautifully over the salad.
Note: This is a GREAT dish to prep on Sunday night to eat later in the week. It will travel nicely to the office, just make sure you have a big bowl handy to serve it in!
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Asian Chicken Mason Jar Salad | No Thanks to Cake
For the Salad
- 1 Jenny Craig Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- 1 cup butter lettuce
- 1 cup savoy cabbage, sliced thinly
- ⅓ cup cucumber, spiralized
- ⅓ cup carrot, shredded
- ¼ cup golden beets, shredded
- ⅛ cup green onion, sliced
- ⅛ cup edamame
For the Dressing
- 1 packet Jenny Craig Balsamic Dressing
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes, optional
To Make the Dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the balsamic dressing, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and crushed red pepper. Whisk to combine. Note: I always add peppers, as I love it spicy; however, leave them out if you prefer.
To Make the Salad
- Cook your chicken sandwich per the package instructions. Remove the chicken breast to a cutting board and dice your chicken into cubes and set aside. Toast your bun to create crunchy croutons. Dice half of the bun after you toast it and reserve for croutons. Feel free to set the other half aside to eat with your meal.
- Begin to load up your mason jar, starting by adding the dressing first.
- Add your bell pepper. Top with your carrots, beets, and edamame next.
- Layer your cucumbers and chicken next.
- Add your greens and top with green onions.
- Stuff some parchment paper in the mouth of your mason jar, creating a pocket for your croutons. This will help assure your croutons don’t get soggy.
- Seal your jar, and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat it.
- Remove your jar from the fridge, and dump it into a large bowl. Top with croutons and enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.