It’s been such a fun few weeks judging the Jenny Craig Simple Inspirations Recipe Contest.
Not only did I have a chance to review all the great ideas Jenny Craig members have submitted, but I also had a chance to taste test many of the entries!!! OMG – – You guys are so CREATIVE! Such great ideas on how to add Fresh & Free Additions to existing Jenny Craig food, I’ve eaten so well over the past few weeks – – and have you to thank!
In the end, I had to make a decision. I had to choose the recipe that had the best addition of nutritional content, exhibited creativity, and I’m always looking for a recipe that’s truly transformed one of the Jenny Craig foods.
And the Winner Is…
The Jenny Craig Chicken Street Tacos is easily my favorite dish to use for creative recipes this day, and Jacqueline’s idea is GENIUS! She makes crunchy tortilla chips out of the taco shells, and loads up the nachos with amazing fresh and free veggies.
The result: An incredibly filling and satisfying meal that makes you feel like you’re indulging, even though you’re staying completely on track! Great for game day, Friday night, and all the days in between!
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Jacqueline's Restaurant-Style Chicken Nachos | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 pkg. Jenny Craig Chicken Street Tacos
- 2 Tbsp. fresh tomatoes, diced and seeded
- ¼ cup sweet onion, chopped
- ¼ cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. guacamole (prepared or make your own)
- 1 Tbsp. plain nonfat Greek yogurt or fat free sour cream
- cooking spray
- Optional garnish: chopped scallion, sliced jalapeno, salsa
- Thaw the street tacos, and separate the chicken and veggies from the tortillas.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut tortillas into triangles and spread out on a baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
- After the oven is preheated, bake chips for 10 minutes.
- While chips are baking, warm chicken in pan on the stove.
- Prepare your veggies. I spiralized the bell pepper, to create pretty red pepper ribbons. If you choose to make your own guacamole, mash fresh avocado in a bowl with pico de gallo, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Sauté veggies from tacos along with fresh chopped peppers and onions.
- Place chips on a plate top with chicken and veggies.
- Garnish with diced tomatoes and jalapeño. I used yellow heirloom tomato, to add a pop of color!
- Top with scallions, salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. I drizzled the sour cream lightly on the nachos by placing it in a ziplock bag. I snipped the corner to allow for the sour cream to be squeezed out and drizzled.
- Serve and enjoy! Grab a fork, you just might need it!
As the NTTC winner of the Jenny Craig Simple Inspirations recipe contest, Jacqueline will be awarded the following from Jenny Craig: a $2,000 gift card, one (1) month of free Jenny Craig food, a Jenny Craig-branded prize pack, and her recipe will be included in a new recipe book that will be released in January!
Click here to take a peek at the other Simple Inspirations Recipe Contest winning recipes.
Disclaimer: I received compensation for this post from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.