Have I ever told you guys that I have two spiralizers? Confession: I do. Additional confession: I’m thinking about buying a third!
An early adopter of spiralizing, I bought a Paderno 3-blade spiralizer way back when which I’ve used for years, and then I got a free one when I hosted a Pampered Chef party. I thought it would be fun to try a new version that attacks the veggies at a different angle. And, while I love them both, they’re having a tough time with beets – – which I can’t have. I’ve been debating replacing the Paderno one with the Inspiralizer (y’all know, Ali over at Inspiralized, right?) Have any of y’all tried hers??
Would LOVE to know your reviews. In the meantime, I’m going to buy smaller beets to tackle with my current tools. I totally plan on making this salad again today, and can’t wait to enjoy it again!
This is definitely my favorite Inspiralized recipe to date, and one that you need to try! I was messaging this week with Ali, sharing that I think this tastes like a lightly pickled beet salad. Yum!!! It comes together super quick (assuming your spiralizer can handle your beets!) As a tip, you can definitely buy pre-spiralized beets at the grocery store. I’ve seen them at Target, Sprouts, and Whole Foods here in Colorado.
Note: I modified the original recipe slightly to include less oil. I didn’t miss it at ALL!
Spiralized Beets with Balsamic-Chive Dressing | No Thanks to Cake
- 2 medium beets, peeled and spiralized into thin spaghetti noodles
- olive oil cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 stalks chives, minced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out the beet noodles. Spritz with olive oil cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10-15 minutes until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. In a large bowl, whisk together to oil, water, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper
- Once beets are done, add them to the bowl with the dressing and toss well to combine. Add your chives to the bowl and toss additionally. Let rest in the refrigerator until chilled and then serve.
- Serve and enjoy!