Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
Over the past year, I’ve shared a TON of recipe ideas; however, most of them have been on social media – – specifically instagram.
Knowing that I missed sharing many recipes with this blog-reading community and for all those who search the internet for creative ways to spice up their Jenny Craig meals, I am working on populating the backlog of recipes for all of you.
When I was sick late last year, I created this recipe. I had ordered several of the Chicken and Wild Rice Soups to eat while I was ill. Somehow, I received the Jenny Craig Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bowl in its place, and decided to get creative. From this accident became this amazing recipe.
And this one, y’all… it’s so so good. I actually had it for dinner tonight again and LOVED IT!
This recipe creates a large and flavorful bowl of soup. One you’ll crave on a cold evening, or when you’re not feeling 100%. Do let me know what you think as you make it for the first time.
View this post on Instagram
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Mexican Chicken and Rice Soup
- 1 pkg. Jenny Craig Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bowl
- 2 Tbsp. red onion diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 roma tomato seeded and diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach packed
- 2 cups chicken broth reduced sodium
- 1-2 Tbsp. salsa (2 recommended)
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro freshly chopped
- cooking spray
- Prepare a medium sauce pan with cooking spray. Raise to a low temperature, and add onion and garlic. Salt lightly. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add spinach to sauce pan and cook until wilted.
- Add 2 cups of broth + 2 Tbsp. salsa. Mix well.
- Prepare the Jenny Craig Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bowl per the packaging instructions. Add to the sauce pan along with the fresh cilantro; stir to combine.
- Simmer on low for 5 minutes, and then move to a bowl. Serve and enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.