Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
I love green bean casserole. I just do. It’s the one dish (along with mashed potatoes and gravy) that I always confirm will be on the table. If I see it missing from the menu, I definitely make sure it’s what I’m bringing.
We always ate it as kids. You know, with the mushroom soup and the canned green beans, topped with the crunchy fried onions. YUM!
When I was eating the new Jenny Craig Risotto with Turkey, Mushroom, and Peas, it definitely gave off green bean casserole vibes, which is where this recipe inspiration originated.
The recipe additions are simple with this dish – – fresh (or canned) green beans, some onion, and a dash of soy sauce. Mixed with the original menu item and then baked in the oven, this dish is the perfect answer to your holiday cravings.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Green Bean Casserole with Turkey & Risotto | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig Risotto with Turkey, Mushrooms, and Peas
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1.5" pieces
- 2 Tbsp. onion, diced
- 1 tsp. soy sauce, reduced sodium
- black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare your risotto in the microwave, per package instructions.
- Steam your green beans.
- In a skillet prepared with cooking spray, cook your diced onion for 2-4 minutes, stirring frequently until clear in color and tender.
- In a medium bowl, combine your onion, risotto, and green beans. Add soy sauce and stir until combined
- Move mixture to an oven-safe dish, prepared with cooking spray. Top with black pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, or until mixture is browned on top. Serve and enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.