Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
Of all the recipes I’ve come up with lately, this is the one.
You know, the one. The one you get all goofy talking about. The one that you just want to shout from the rooftops. The One.
My favorite recipes are those that truly transform a dish. Those that make a simple dinner into a tasty soup. Those that take a sandwich and turn it into a ridiculously delicious appetizer. And today, I’ve got the salad of all salads for you. You’re welcome.
This recipe is HIGHLY inspired by True Foods Kitchen by Dr. Weil. I’m a big fan of their whole foods approach to eating and remain a massive promoter of their lemon kale salad. Not only is their Tuscan Kale Salad drenched in a lemony dressing, but it’s also loaded with crunchy breadcrumbs. The True Foods version of this salad also has a lot of parmesan cheese in it, which I’ve left out of this dish to keep it super Jenny Craig-friendly. Trust me, you won’t miss it.
I’ve made this recipe four times now; each time I’ve used a slight variation of the veggies. Use what you like most, but know that this combination is a fun one to get you started.
Lemon-Balsamic Kale Salad with Chicken
4 cups shredded kale
2 slices red onion, quartered
1/4 cup peruvian peppers (found on the olive bar at my grocery store)
1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/8 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1. Remove the chicken sandwich from the packaging. Wrap the bun in a paper towel and cook it in the microwave for 20 seconds. Move to a toaster and toast the bun until crunchy.
2. Move to a food processor and pulse until the bread is pulverized into large crumbs. Avoid over pulsing. These should be like tiny croutons.
3. Place the chicken breast on a small microwave-safe plate, and cook for 60 seconds. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, shred kale until you have 4 cups worth and place it in a large bowl.
5. Add bread crumbs, onion, and peppers to the bowl of kale.
6. In a small bowl, whisk dressing, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and seasonings. Add to the bowl of salad. Stir to combine.
7. Move salad to a serving bowl. Slice chicken breast and lay atop the bed of vegetables. Serve and enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.