I had a dinner party this weekend, and it was so fun! I’ve forgotten how fun it is to have people over and to entertain… I see a few more of these events in my future!
Saturday was a super busy day. Not only was I hosting a three lovely ladies at my home, but I also had a hair appointment midday. Determined to squeeze everything in and create a fun evening, I prepped the meal on Friday night and simply had to put things in the oven before everyone arrived.
When you have a variety of people over, there’s always dietary preferences to consider. It may just be what people LIKE to eat, but being a picky eater myself, I really do my best to accommodate my friends. Thinking through what everyone liked, I decided to put together a maxi-meal. I mean, who doesn’t love mexican food??
I made my (soon-to-be) famous one-sheet chicken fajitas with all the toppings, a big salad with creamy tomatillo ranch dressing, and these fun desserts.
This ice cream dessert brought back all of my 10 year old memories of being at a Chi-Chi’s. Instead of being deep fried like the original, this recipe calls for you to simply roll the ice cream in crushed cereal and cinnamon. Drizzling with honey and chocolate syrup + topping with whipped cream and a cherry, the perfect fiesta dessert is born!
Un-Fried Ice Cream
Adapted from Skinnytaste
3 cups light vanilla ice cream
2 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 tsp. honey
Hershey’s sugar-free chocolate syrup (optional)
cherry for topping (optional)
whipped cream (optional)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. With an ice cream scooper, scoop out 4 balls of ice cream 1/2 cup in size and place on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Wearing food gloves, form them into round snowball shapes. Freeze for 2 hours, or overnight, until the ice cream is very hard.
3. Pulverize the cereal in a food processor. Add cinnamon and pulse.
4. Place cereal mixture on a plate. Using rubber gloves, roll the balls of ice cream in the cereal coating, packing them together into a smooth ball. Return the coated ice cream to the baking sheet on fresh parchment, and freeze until ready to serve.
5. To serve, drizzle with honey and/or chocolate syrup on top with whipped cream and cherry, if desired.
Per 1 ice cream ball serving + honey drizzle (other toppings not included):
CAL 150; FAT 3g; SAT FAT 2g; CARBS 27g; FIB 1g; SUG 18g; PROT 4g