Over the years of writing here at NTTC, I’ve gone from being someone who didn’t eat breakfast to someone who really enjoys the first meal of the day. Amongst all that, I still don’t enjoy eggs, so I tend to get a little creative around breakfast time.
Being on the Weight Watchers program since January, I’ve quickly learned that english muffins and biscuits and such are delicious, but not worth it from a smart points standpoint. I’ve also been introduced to 2-ingredient dough and fallen in love with the make-my-own bagel concept, and I’ve had a lot of fun creating with it.
Today, I share my latest bagel recipe… and it’s a goodie. To see all my past two-ingredient dough creations, click here.
After making the cheesy jalapeño bagel a few weeks back, I got inspired to see if I could recreate the amazing bagel from Einstein’s Bagels that always has be drooling. If you’ve had the original, it’s toasty and has that amazing cheesy spinach mixture on top. Well, don’t worry… you get all that here, but for 4 SPs as opposed to TWELVE for the restaurant original (oy vey!)
As always, I tend to make recipes for one, but please feel free to double, triple, quadruple, as needed!
Two-Ingredient Dough Spinach Florentine Bagels
1/4 cup self-rising flour
1/4 cup Fage 0% fat Greek yogurt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 cup raw spinach
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1 oz. lite mozzarella cheese
1. In a small bowl, combine greek yogurt, garlic powder, and self-rising flour. Use a spatula until it starts to form a dough. Knead until a firmer dough is formed. Add a smidge of additional flour if dough is too tacky.
2. Roll until a long piece (like a worm) and form into a circle (bagel shape) and pinch the dough to seal. Bake in your air fryer for 9 minutes at 340 degrees, or in your oven for 17 minutes at 350 degrees.
3. While your bagel bakes, prepare a skillet with cooking spray and add your spinach and garlic, cooking at medium heat. Stir often until the spinach has wilted. Add salt and pepper.
4. Measure out one ounce of light mozzarella cheese, and place in a small bowl. Add spinach and combine.
5. Once bagel is done cooking, top with mozzarella-spinach mixture and bake for an additional 7 minute in the oven and 4 minutes in the air fryer at the same temperature.
6. Remove from oven, slice and enjoy!
Per 1 bagel serving:
CAL 227; FAT 3g; SAT FAT 1g; CARBS 31g; FIB 2g; SUG 6g; PROT 21g
WW Points+: 6; WW Freestyle Smart Points: 4
Check out these other NTTC 2-Ingredient Dough Recipes
Laughing Cow Cheese Stuffed Bagel Bites