Hi. My name is Kelly, and I’m obsessed with my slow cooker.
It’s official. I really am.
It really doesn’t matter what kind of meat it is. Give me a crockpot, some sauce, and about 8 hours and I’ll make you a meal you will never forget. Like this one, in fact…
I literally bought the cookbook this recipe was in because this very recipe was on the cover and it had me drooling. Literally.
It’s a twist on Italian Beef sandwiches, and the slaw on top is really what MAKES these little sammies sing. Try this one, my dears… your significant others are going to thank me for it!
Pot Roast Sliders with Pepperoncini-Cabbage Slaw
From Weight Watchers
2 1/4 lb. boneless lean beef chuck roast, trimmed
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 (16-ounce) jar undrained pepperoncini peppers (about 15 peppers and 1/2 cup liquid)
2 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage (about 7 ounces)
1/2 cup shredded carrots (about 2 ounces)
1/2 cup chopped scallions (from 4-5 scallions)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. coarse grain mustard
12 (1-ounce) Hawaiian rolls, sliced
1. Sprinkle the beef all over with the garlic powder and black pepper; place in a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
2. Remove 2 Tbsp. liquid from the pepperoncini peppers, and set aside. Pour the remaining 6 Tbsp. pepperoncini liquid over the beef in the cooker; top with the peppers. Cover and cook on low until the beef is very tender, about 8 hours.
3. Remove the beef from the cooker and let stand about 10 minutes. Shred the beef, and toss with 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid from the cooker.
4. Place the cabbage, carrots, scallions, olive oil, and mustard + reserved pepperoncini liquid in a medium bowl. Toss to coat.
5. Divide the beef among the bottom halves of the slider buns. Top with slaw, and cover with the bun tops.
Per 1/6 recipe serving + 2 sliders buns:
CAL 367; FAT 10.5g; SAT FAT 3.6g; CARB 33g; PROT 36g; SUG 5g; FIB 3g
WW Points+: 9; WW Smart Points: 13