In addition to kicking off Selfish September on Saturday, I’m also kicking off a month of healthy eating… getting back on the wagon. Eating right. Counting calories. Losing weight. Working out.
And on Monday night, I ate the most ridiculous dish to get this party started. You know the dish, one that you are SO AMAZED is considered healthy because it’s so incredibly flavorful.
Now, I only made one serving of this recipe, and I’m LITERALLY kicking myself about it. The great news is I have all the ingredients on hand, so it’s going to be on the table again VERY soon.
It’s a little spicy, a little sweet in just the most amazing way. If you like coconut, you’re going to die over this…
Coconut Curry Chicken
From Weight Watchers
3/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut
2 tsp. curry powder
1/4 apricot spreadable fruit, melted
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place coconut in shallow dish. Sprinkle with curry powder, tossing to coat. Note: I used 1/2 sweet curry powder and 1/2 hot curry powder because I wanted a little heat. Choose as you please!
3. Combine spreadable fruit and red pepper. Brush evenly over chicken.
Note: I used the Sarabeth’s Peach Apricot Spread that came in my Birch Box Home a few months back – – So delish!
4. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Dredge in coconut mixture.
5. Place chicken breast halves, 2 inches apart, in a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until done.
7. Serve with your favorite veggies.
Per 1 chicken breast serving:
CAL 310; CARB 19g; FAT 9g; PROT 37g; FIB 2g; WW Points Plus: 8