After three weekends in a row on the road, I can’t properly explain how excited I was to get in the kitchen this week.
While dining out is delicious, there’s something fun about making your own meal… and creating something decadent for your self. The satisfaction and the “I made that” feeling of accomplishment paired with the veggie-heavy meals I create make me feel great and back in control of my healthy eating journey.
The new Jenny Craig Street Tacos have been one of my favorite meals to experiment with lately. They’re simple in ingredients and a bit of a blank canvas for me to play with. I typically load them up with veggies to make them more interesting, colorful, and filling. Today, I loaded them with cauliflower, and not just any cauliflower… BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER.
Baking the cauliflower in the oven makes them tender, and adding a light better adds a crunchy exterior. I spiced them up with some Texas Pete’s and adding a little tomato and cilantro for added flavor.
Buffalo Cauliflower Street Tacos
Inspired by Nosh and Nourish
1 package Jenny Craig Chicken Street Tacos
1 1/2 cup cauliflower florets, in small pieces
2 Tbsp. flour
2 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. skim milk
1-2 Tbsp. hot sauce (I used Texas Pete)
1/2 roma tomato, diced
1 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
1 tsp. light ranch dressing (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a cooking sheet by covering it with aluminum foil and spraying with cooking spray.
2. Place the milk, flour, and water in small bowl. Whisk to combine into a batter. Add salt and pepper.
3. Add the cauliflower to the bowl and toss to coat. Shake off excess before placing on the baking sheet.
4. Bake cauliflower for 15 minutes. Turn each piece and bake for another 15 minutes until crunchy and golden brown.
5. Remove the cauliflower to a small bowl and add hot sauce. Stir to coat evenly. In the meantime, cook your tacos in the microwave per package instructions.
6. Once cooked, remove all the toppings from the tacos to a small bowl. Separate taco shells to create for tacos.
7. First add your chicken mixture, dividing it evenly amongst the four shells. Next top with the cauliflower. Depending upon how full you like your tacos, you may have some leftover cauliflower.
8. Next, garnish with tomatoes and cilantro.
9. Serve and ENJOY!
10. Add a light drizzle of light ranch, if desired.
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.