Something that’s gotten REALLY hot in Denver lately (besides the weather) is street tacos! There are new street taco shops popping up all over town, and they’re known for they tasty flavor combinations and unique toppings.
Craving a street taco and not wanting to indulge in the new Rusty Tacos that just opened close to my house, I decided to make my own using my Jenny Craig foods. You guys, I will be eating this again tomorrow!
YES… It tastes JUST as good as it looks. I topped the Jenny Craig Baja Chicken Quesadilla with shredded lettuce, pickled onions, sliced tomatoes, fresh cilantro, and a little lime crema! And, no street taco is complete without a lime wedge for a splash of extra citrus.
Baja Chicken Street Taco
1 Jenny Craig Baja Chicken Quesadilla
1/4 cup lettuce, shredded
3 grape tomatoes, sliced
1 Tbsp. red onion, pickled or raw
1 1/2 tsp. fresh cilantro, minced
2 tsp. light or fat free sour cream
1/4 tsp. fresh lime juice
lime wedge, for garnish
1. Cook your quesadilla in the microwave on a microwave-safe plate for 1 minute. Next, open up the quesadilla flat, piling the toppings in the center. Cook for another 30 seconds.
2. In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, sour cream, and lime zest. Whisk to combine. Note: Taste test to make sure you have enough lime zing! Add more, if desired.
3. Chop your veggies for your taco.
4. Begin assembling your taco by first adding lettuce.
5. Next add the tomato slices and pickled onion.
6. Next drizzle your taco with the lime crema. Note: I added the sauce to a small ziptop bag, cutting the corner to allow for piping.
7. Top with cilantro and garnish with a mini lime wedge. Squeeze the lime on the taco before you enjoy it!
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.